Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

I decided to be domestic and do some sewing this past month. I noticed Andie's hair was perfect for Rainbow Brite so I decided that's what she would be this year. The actual costumes were very expensive but I bought a pattern off eBay and decided to sew it. I got about half way done when Ally decided to play hairdresser and cut her and Andie's hair. I almost decided not to finish it but I thought I'd gotten this far why not finish it. I was going to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so to speak. Ally wanted to be a fairy after her hair cut and I wanted it to, but what fairy costume can keep a 4-year-old warm in the end of October, and why dress up in a costume that you'd have to put a coat over? We found the leopard costume and she loved it. It kept her warm and she loved to pretend she was really a leopard, it was funny to watch.

We didn't do much trick or treating this year, but that's okay. Ally and Andie seemed to get their fill of walking around. We went with my sister and her kids, my sister-in-law and her little boy, and my other sister. After every house Andie would turn around and say "Mom, I got a treat!" They did pretty well about saying thank you as well.



My side all met at my mom's house to get a picture of all the grandkids together. My sister is the vampire in the back, then we have a witch, a baby cow, and a hippie. Next is a pumpkin, leopard, and princess. At the bottom we have a giraffe, superman, spiderman and Rainbow Brite.




Here are some of the cousins on the Hunsaker side, Jayston is a lion, Ally, and Andie. He is getting so big and is a fast crawler. Always on the go that little boy is. His mom and I were trying to get a picture of him but every time we let go he would chase after something. It was quite the adventure. Beth, you sure must have your hands full. He is such a cute little boy!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Cute pictures! It was so fun to see you guys!

CC said...

Those costumes are awesome! How do you feel about making me a Rainbow Brite costume?

Kymn and Tabs said...

I loved how the group picture at moms went! its crazy how many grandkids there are! and thats not even the end of them! lol

Julie said...

Love, love, love the costumes! Those are perfect!