Saturday, July 10, 2010

Soccer

So every single one of my siblings growing up was involved in AYSO. Everyone, except me. I was my dad's girly girl. So I was put into a variety of dance classes. So when my family thought it would be a fantastic idea to start playing weekly soccer games I was a bit nervous. Not that they would laugh at me but because I knew I would let down the members of the team I was on.

So far I've been to 2 games. They were fun, but I know I let my teammates down. I can see it in their faces, they don't say anything because they love me and everyone agreed it was just for fun. But, you see, they are a very competitive bunch. They know I try my best, they usually stick me as a full back or goalie, I don't blame them. I like it better too because I'm outta shape and this pregnancy is kicking my tail. I'm only 1/2 way done and my right hip feels like it's going to pop out of its socket. I'm probably on the same level as my sister's 8-year-old daughter. I'm definitely no match for them, but until they ask me to stop playing I'm going to play. It's something Jeremy likes to do too, and he's very good at it. I think it's fun exercise and I love hanging out with my ever-forgiving loving family.

Here's a few candids for you all to enjoy!

Lucky Jonas got to relax and eat licorice.

That's right after I passed the ball to Jeremy.

The kids get bored after while.

Showing off my mad keeper skills!


Jeremy is the one wearing a white shirt, blue shorts on the right with the ball.

No comments: