Saturday, June 16, 2012

We have a Winner!


Our local grocery store had its annual anniversary sale. They had a game set up for kids to play. It was called Cracker Stacker. The name explains it all. Try to stack as many crackers on top of each other in a certain amount of time. Andie made it to 27, Ally got 28. Later that day we got a phone call from said grocery store letting us know that Allyson won a prize for stacking so many. I sent both girls over because it’s only a very short distance away. Ally came home with a 2 inch Spongebob Squarepants figurine. That’s cool, free toy. Imagine our surprise when we get a message left on our voicemail a few days later telling us the exact same thing. Ally won a prize. So once again I send both girls over. They came back with a box of Scooby Snack graham crackers. Ooooo, better than a figurine. That’s a cool prize for playing a little game. Then earlier today my husband calls me from home saying that the store called again and if Ally can’t come and get her prize they’ll have to put it away. I’m so confused at this point. What were the figurine and graham crackers then.  I asked her, did you actually talk to someone or did you just take the things off the customer service counter? She tells me yes I really talked to someone and that’s what they gave me. So I decide I need to go with her to explain that she already got her prize. I head up to the counter and say “Hi, I’m Allyson Hunsaker’s mom and we got a phone call”. Before I can finish she immediately grabs a big bag and says “Yes, we’ve been waiting for you guys for almost a week.” We take the bag, head home and find all this. Thanks local grocery store for being so awesome!

3 comments:

Jake ♥ Kenzie said...

Yay Ally!! Who was the dumb-head at the service desk that didn't give Ally all her prizes the first time...or even the second time. Sheesh!

CC said...

Great job Ally! I love the pic.

Unknown said...

Awesome prizes - and awesome girls!