Tuesday, June 23, 2009

He shall be blessed.

So this past Sunday (Father's day) was a good day for us indeed. We blessed Jonas. It was the only Sunday in the next month that we could get most everyone there while he still fit into the blessing outfit. I tried making one for him but time went by too fast and it only got halfway done. But, as luck would have it, I was going through some clothes of his and found the outfit his dad was blessed it. I thought it fitting he wore that on father's day. So that, along with the blanket my grandma in Australia made for me, (that each of my kids have been blessed with), he was set. Jeremy couldn't take anymore days off from work so we did it in the afternoon at my parent's house. I was a bit worried because it had been raining just a bit that morning. But it cleared up and stayed clear until later that night, just as the party ending. How perfect was that. Well not as perfect as my baby boy.

Jonas just before he was blessed. He did so good, stayed awake and silent throughout the entire blessing. We had quite a good turn out and had 12 people in the circle. I'm so glad I have such a big amazing family.

Afterward we congregated in the backyard for some sloppy joes and conversations.

Thanks to all who traveled to come to this. It was a really important thing to me and I appreciate your efforts.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a beautiful day for a beautiful boy.

The blessing was great and it was so fun to see everyone!

Andie was so sad when I asked if I could take Jonas home. She really loves her brother.