Monday, June 21, 2010

Bert Cullis

My Poppa is an amazing man. He certainly did a lot in his life. I wish I could be as good as he is. He passed away Monday morning, June 21. He was such a funny guy, always called me love, and never judged. He had a tough time at the end of his life. He developed Parkinson's, dementia, and his organ started failing on him, just to name a few. He slipped into a coma and left us. He worked hard for his family that he loved so very much. He was a great accountant. He liked seafood. He was a convert to the church but had so many callings, including patriarch (he blessed 5 out of the 6 of my siblings) and sealer for the Melbourne, Australia temple. He adored his wife Lorna and all 6 of his kids.
I'm so grateful Jeremy got to meet him. Unfortunately our children didn't. There is quite a distance (land-wise) between us and the lack of funds prevented them from meeting. He is the first of my four grandparents to go. He is an amazing example and I'm so grateful I know I'll get to see him again, that my children will meet him and know what a fantastic person he is.
I love you Poppa

2 comments:

Kami said...

I am sorry to hear this. I have heard wonderful things about him. Give all your family a hug for me. :)

Beth said...

I am so sorry for your loss.