Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Naming and Blessing

James Atticus Hunsaker

We named and blessed James this past Sunday. I was planning on the 6th of February but some people told me not to. Something about a big football game going on that day??? That wasn't the real reason why we changed it. It just worked out better for most people to do it on the 30th. Also it worked out better to do it after church. Those traveling wouldn't have to get up super early to drive - 9am church. And plus right after the blessing we had an extremely yummy lunch that my brother Daniel made. Everyone pitched in and brought something but he stayed up all night smoking pork roasts and a beef brisket to make southern BBQ. So good.

Jeremy performed the blessing which made me so happy. He did a fantastic job. It makes me feel honored to be his wife and mother of his children. I borrowed a pattern and fabric from the RS President in my ward and made his little suit. I accidentally sewed different parts at different times inside out. (That fabric was hard to tell the wrong side from right.) But after much unpicking and sewing, I had it done. Before I had kids my mother's mom, my Nanna who lives in Australia, made me the blanket that James is laying on. All 4 of my kids have been blessed in that, it's such a treasure to me. We had so many people there and had such a good time. James was such a good baby. He needed a bit of entertainment while we ate, but overall was fantastic. I'm so glad so many people could come. I think we were only missing 2 of Jeremy's siblings and their families. Thanks everyone for coming.

I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel. To have my eternal family if I but endure. I am so grateful for my family, for both the fleeting happiness and eternal joy they give me. I am grateful for what I learn during my trials as a mother. I'm so grateful for the trust Heavenly Father has in me to raise my children. I'm so glad I have them, no one could love any 4 kids more than I do mine.

3 comments:

Beth said...

It was such a wonderful day. Thanks for having us.

It is so fun seeing your beautiful family!

Emily said...

Apryl, you are such a sweetheart. It has been too long since we've seen you, hopefully we can get together a little this summer. We blessed Henry on Superbowl Sunday last year & got a little grief for it! Funny. :)

Cullis Family said...

Apryl you are so clever making that gorgeous little suit for James. A blessing is such a wonderful occasion to be together with family.