Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thank you Sam!

So our dryer broke down about 3 or 4 months ago. It progressively got worse. At first it took about an hour to dry a load. That's normal, right. Then 70, 85, 100 minutes. By the time I got rid of it last Thursday it took 3 hours to dry 2 towels. There was no heat to it at all. Luckily in my unfinished basement I have 5 clothes lines. I have some outside too but carrying it all up the stairs, outside, and to the very back of the yard to hang took a while. Plus any breeze would blow them off. I just didn't have enough clothespins. So the basement did the trick.
My clotheslines














Jeremy has a cousin that had a nice washer and dryer he just didn't need anymore. He offered them and I gladly took them off his hands. Nothing was wrong with our washing machine but at our family cabin the washing machine was kaput. Jeremy's aunt didn't want a front loader because it got in the way of the accordion doors. So it worked out that they replaced the cabin washer with my top loading washer up there.
New dryer!

New washer!

















It's been so nice. I used hardly any detergent compared to what I used to use, less water and it only takes me around 2 hours to wash and dry a load of laundry. No hanging and checking for dry clothes for me. I feel so spoiled!

No comments: